CEDriverWiz is a Windows Embedded Compact wizard, helps simplify the tasks needed to develop stream interface device driver for Windows Embedded Compact/CE.
- This is not the stream driver wizard that uses Visual Studio Templates as announced early Feb. 2013. It is now the CEDriverWizTemplates.Codeplex.com Codeplex project. This version integrates in Visual Studio via Tools menu. Both projects will continue to be developed in parallel.
- Is a Clickonce installation
- Now autogenerates the PBScript when first run outside of Visual Studio
- Now runs in Platform Builder for Compact 2013 in Visual Studio 2012 (Update 2)
- More driver options including driver and open context, as well as power management
- Can fine tune what driver functions are implemented
- Lots more new features. See download page.
There is also a Click-Once installation of the app.
Far simpler to install but a bit harder to integrate into VS.
- Version 3.1 Same as V3.0 but a few mods for ClickOnce
- See Downloads page Look for it in the top right panel.
- This is a trial at this stage.
- This integrates into Visual Studio 2012 and 2008 via the Platform Builder Macros
- Run via Tools-Platform Builder-Scripts menus
- Generate a custom stream driver project
- It can generate a number of test applications subprojects for the stream driver that:
- Dynamically load and unload the driver in User mode
- Load the driver’s stream and perform IO with it.
- Generate and test the driver’s IOCTLs
CEDriverWizTemplatesSimilar to this project but uses Visual Studio 2008 Add-New-Project templates under Platform BuilderCEDriverWizTemplates.Codeplex.comCEComponentWiz Has also been updated for Compact 2013A revamp of Mike Hall's CEFileWiz with some new beaut features.CEComponentWiz.codeplex.com
The CEDriverWizard was first created by David Jones, during Q3 in 2010, a long time University computer system Lecturer and embedded system developer, in Australia. As part of David’s community effort and spirit, he decided to make this useful tool available to the developer community, for free.
As part of David’s involvement in the Embedded101 community, David has been working with Samuel Phung (Southern California) and Thierry Joubert (Paris), David got Samuel and Thierry involved to test and document the CEDriverWizard for the community.
Visit the CEDriverWizard home page for progress, update ad usage document.
http://www.embedded101.com/CEDriverWiz/The CodePlex Downloads page also has 3 documents about the wizard and how to use it.