CEDriverWiz is a Windows Embedded Compact wizard, helps simplify the tasks needed to develop stream interface device driver for Windows Embedded Compact.
This is not the new style driver wizard that uses Visual Studio Templates
as announced early Feb. 2013. It is now the CEDriverWizTemplates.Codeplex.com
Codeplex project. This the app version that integrates in VS via Tools menu. Both projects will continue to be developed in parallel.
Version 2.00 now available
- More driver options including driver and open context, as well as power management
- Can fine tune what driver functions are implemented
- Lots more new features. See download page.
- This integrates into Visual Studio 2008 via the Platform Builder Macros
- Run via Tools-Platform Builder-Scripts menus
- Generate a custom stream driver project
- It can generate a number of test applications subprojects for the stream driver that:
- Dynamically load and unload the driver in User mode
- Load the driver’s stream and perform IO with it.
- Generate and test the driver’s IOCTLs
CECDriverWizTemplatesSimilar to this project but uses Visual Studio 2008 Add-New-Project templates under Platform BuilderCEDriverWizTemplates.Codeplex.comCEComponentWiz A revamp of Mike Hall's CEFileWiz with some new beaut features.CEComponentWiz.codeplex.com
The CEDriverWizard was first created by David Jones, during Q3 in 2010, a long time University computer system Lecturer and embedded system developer, in Australia. As part of David’s community effort and spirit, he decided to make this useful tool available to the developer community, for free.
As part of David’s involvement in the Embedded101 community, David has been working with Samuel Phung (Southern California) and Thierry Joubert (Paris), David got Samuel and Thierry involved to test and document the CEDriverWizard for the community.
Visit the CEDriverWizard home page for progress, update ad usage document.
http://www.embedded101.com/CEDriverWiz/The CodePlex Downloads page also has 3 documents about the wizard and how to use it.